Do you alone? God discovered at the very beginning that a solitary life for man will jeopardize his existence. God said in Genesis:2:18 that, “… it is not good that the man should be alone…” This statement is not just the foundation of marriage but that of fellowship too. God has been fellowshipping with man (Gen. 3:8) but discovered that man needs others like himself to understand true fellowship and to cherish it.know that God does not want you to go through this life
Real fellowship is beyond showing up for church services. It involves growing with other believers in the knowledge of God, honest sharing, practical serving, sacrificial giving and much more. Note, you can worship in a crowd but you cannot fellowship in a crowd.
Fellowship is based on an intimate family relationship with Christ and His family. Can two walk together except they agree? No! (Amos 3:3).
According to the World English Dictionary, “Fellowship is the act of people sharing activities, goals, interests, duties, trials, troubles, and the likes with one another in a group”. Interestingly, the word “fellowship’’ can be subdivided into two other words ‘fellow’and ‘ship’, so it is possible to define it as the coming together of ‘fellow’ believers into the ‘ship’ of Christ called the ‘Church’, for sharing activities, goals, interests, duties, trials, and joy.
Why Do I Need Fellowship?
The need for fellowship is as fundamental as the need for parents and other members of the family. As a child, you need a father to teach you courage, a mother to nurture you and siblings to either teach you or learn from you. This is similar to the life of a believer. You need other believers to teach and learn from in becoming who God wants you to be.
In the New Life Miracle Church, we are passionate about the sheep and the family of Christ. And in creating the platform to unite the body of Christ, we set up the following:
- Expository bible study meetings
- Prayer programs:
- Revival and Miracle Hours (Weekly).
- God is Able (Weekly).
- Night Vigils (Weekly).
- God’s Power Night (Monthly).
- Receiving Glory(Monthly).
- Night of Divine Solutions (Monthly).
- Couples’ programs (for both intending and married couples) as well as seminars, conferences and activities aimed at helping couples fulfill the purpose of marriage.
- Yearly youth empowerment programmes aimed at harnessing the potentials of our youths.
- Fishers of men. A program where believers in the church go out together to witness for Christ
We also create units where believers can interact and serve together in the church such as:-
- The Choir: the unit that sees to the production of music for service
- The Sanitation Team: sees to the preparation of the auditorium and its surrounding for service.
- The Protocol Team: sees to the ushering and maintenance of orderliness in the auditorium
- The Evangelical Team: sees to the weekly evangelism of the neighbouring community.
- The Security Team: sees to the securities of worshipers and their belongings which they bring into the church premises.
These and many more, such as, women, men, youth units/teams are created to unite the believers. “Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend”. (Prov. 27:17). In Acts 2:42, “…and they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread and in prayers”.
For in participating in this groups we learn to:
- Walk in the light
- Suffer together
- Serve together
- Comfort one another
- Pray for one another
- Bear one another’s burden
- Rejoice with the joyful
- Grow and glow in the Lord
ADMITTANCE INTO FELLOWSHIP
As in Accounting, where you are not recognised as a fellow until you are chartered and must have practised for at least ten years, during which you must have attended a series of training/seminars then pay some amount of money as stipulated by the controlling bodies. In The New Life MIracle Church, we encourage our attenders to grow into membership cadre through the various membership routes set up by the church.
- Be Born Again
- Attend meetings regularly
- Be committed financially – pay tithes, offerings, etc.
- Participate in activities of the fellowship.
Brethren, we are called to belong, not just to believe. Even in the perfect, sinless environment of Eden, God said “It is not good for man to be alone”. It means we are created for community, fashioned for fellowship, and formed for family, so much that none of us can fulfil God’s purpose by himself. The Bible speaks nothing of solitary saints or spiritual hermits isolated from other believers and deprived of fellowship. The Bible also says we are put together (Micah 2:12), joined together (1Cor. 1:10), built together (1Cor.3:9), members together (Eph. 5:30), heirs together (Rom. 8:17, 1 Pet.3:7), fitted together (Eph. 2:21), held together (Rom. 7:6), and will be caught up together (1Thess. 4:17). So, you are not on your own any longer, you have been called to fellowship.